"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

November 21, 2007

Bits and Pieces for Thanksgiving Week

One of my favorite daily reads, Josh Marshall at TPM, just won GQ's Man of the Year (Mike)

Across the pond, a security disaster affecting all families is unfolding (Mike)

Iraqi women are facing new, deadly, extremist-backed violence since Bush's 2003 invasion of Iraq. (Mike)

What??! (Mike)

Potentially major breakthrough in stem cell research (Mike)

The collapse of the U.S. credit industry is spreading to Europe. (Mike)

This is amazing: Kindle: Amazon's New Wireless Reading Device (Mike)

New Progressive Coalition gives you a unique way of effectively contributing to progressive causes. (Mike)

Time to Politicize the U.S. Army! Just like everything else in the bu$h administration. Does anyone else see the danger in this unprecedented act? (7 of 6)

Last week, No Quarter, had one of the best post I've read in a long time. "Although my roots are in Iraq, my branches are in this country... The feeling I have sometimes is that my roots are being destroyed by my branches’." (7 of 6)

No comments: