"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

May 03, 2010

Incredible Update

Received my Droid Incredible phone April 29th (would've had it a day earlier but I missed the FedEx delivery). Comparing this to my Blackberry 8830, all I can say is that it's like going from a Yugo to a BMW. It really does everything Verizon claims, and the browser speed is comparable to my Dell Studio XPS laptop w/ Vista (when using WiFi). Be careful to read reviews when purchasing software and accessories, as some stuff is not compatible and the manufacturer might not mention that in their descriptions, whereas the disappointed reviewers most definitely will. The only disappointment so far is that I've been unable to find a desk cradle for it (besides that goofy leather one with a large hole). I plan to buy a spare, higher-capacity battery, some spare charger cables for work and home, and screen protectors. I recommend Skyfire browser if you want to be able to view some online videos besides YouTube. So far the phone is living up to its hype.

No comments: