|As for ramming things down people's throats, here is what the Republicans rammed down our throats during Cheney-Bush:|
1. War on Iraq, costing over 4,000 American service lives, 31,000 wounded bad enough to go to hospital, many of them maimed for life, and costing over our lifetimes $3 trillion (which we don't have). All based on outright lies.
3. Warrantless wiretaps.
4. 'Protest zones' and arbitrary arrest of people peacefully assembled.
5. Further gutting of financial regulation, pushing the country's economy off a cliff
6. Deep tax cuts for the superwealthy and de facto tax increases for the middle classes, passed by reconciliation
7. Unfunded programs, including wars, tax cuts and medicare changes, that created most of the current budget deficit and much of our current public debt, much of it passed by reconciliaton.
8. Virtual abandonment of our troops in Afghanistan for a concentration on Iraq, and slacking off on capturing the top al-Qaeda and Taliban leadership.
9. The gutting of environmental regulation and the surrender of the public to corporate polluters.
10. Bush's 'victory' itself in 2000.
So suck it up, GOP. You really screwed us all over and messed up the country big time. All we want to do is have people's children be able to see a doctor without it bankrupting the family. That's your big complaint?
March 05, 2010
This week the Republican/Tea Party/Fox News talking point is Obama "ramming health care changes down the throats of Americans". Here are some other recent things rammed down our throats: