|"Here are some of the key elements of the President's reform proposal: |
• It will strengthen the coverage you get at work by reining in the worst insurance company abuses.
• It will provide tens of billions of dollars in new tax credits to small businesses to make it easier for them to provide coverage if they choose to do so.
• Many Americans buying their own coverage in the individual market will qualify for tax credits that reduce their premiums by an average of nearly 60 percent – and they will get better coverage than what they have today.
• If you are on Medicare, you will have benefits you don’t have today: Preventive services like cancer screenings at no cost, and a substantial reduction in prescription drug prices if you fall into that gap in coverage known as the “donut hole.” Over time the proposal closes this coverage gap completely.
• If you don't have insurance, you may be eligible for a tax credit to help pay for your coverage – part of the largest middle class tax cut for health care in history.
• Insurance companies will be required to offer coverage regardless of your health status or because of pre-existing conditions, and they cannot boost rates or drop you from your coverage when you get sick.
• If you are a parent, you can keep your children on your insurance plan until the age of 27 (the current limit is age 21)."
This is what the Republicans hate. Anything that will result in better lives for average Americans is bad for average Americans, according to the No! party.