|Besides getting rid of touch-screen machines, the bill:|
- Moves Florida's presidential primary from March to the end of January.
- Changes the "resign to run" law, so that Florida politicians can keep their state jobs and run for federal office at the same time.
- Cracks down further on citizen petitions, and creates a mischievous counterprocess in which opponents can get petition signatures revoked.
- Restricts complaints to the already-puny Florida Elections Commission to the point that rule breakers just about have to turn themselves in.
- Stacks the executive committees of political parties, and gives the state party bosses absolute power to remove local party officers.
- Deals with the ability of political committees to raise money under various names, and to conduct polling.
The state virtually assured itself of being republi-con for years.
I cannot comprehend how a Democrat (or voter period) in the State of Florida doesn't see that the republi-con state congress introduced the bill (sponsered by 2 repuli-cons, David Rivera and Dorothy Hukill) to move up the primary date... passed the bill with its huge majority... and was signed into law by a republi-con governor. This whole scheme worked great for the republi-cons and totally screwed the Democrats.
A fair state congress would have said, "Hey, the Democrats have certain rules we have to abide with, we will only move up the republi-con voting date but the Dems have to have their vote after Super Tues."
I argued with my neo-con sister in Tampa and she said, "The current strategy has worked to perfection so far."
As for MI... Hillary wouldn't give a shit about the revote if she was leading... she would be doing the same thing as Obama... which is a simple holding mode... waiting for this to play out.
The MI state congress (which also has a republi-con majority) went on vacation... the people of MI only have their state reps to blame.
The repuli-con party agenda is having fun at the expense of the Democratic voters and party.
But wait... I see a pattern developing... as with FL... it's all Obama's fault.