"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

November 01, 2007

I received this disgusting email in my inbox this morning:

From: Sgt. Robert Cox
Important Message

My name is Sgt. Robert Cox, I am an American soldier, I am serving in the
military of the 1st Armored Division in Iraq, as you know we are being
attacked by insurgents everyday and car bombs. We managed to move funds
belonging to Saddam Hussein?s family. The total amount is US$25 Million
dollars in cash, mostly 100 dollar bills. We want to move this money to
you, so that you may invest it for us and keep our share for banking.You
can go to this web link to read about events that took place there:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm
We will take 75%, my partner and I. You take the other 25%. No strings
attached, just help us move it out of Iraq, Iraq is a war zone. We plan on
using diplomatic courier and shipping the money out in one large silver
box, using diplomatic mmunity.If you are interested I will send you the
full details, my job is to find a good partner that we can trust and that
will assist us. Can I trust you? When you receive this letter, kindly send
me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential
telephone/fax numbers for quick communication also your contact details.
This business is risk free. The box can be shipped out in 48hrs.
Respectfully,
Sgt. Robert Cox.

This is taking the Nigerian scam emails one giant leap further, and may actually fool quite a few Bush supporters who still support the war and anything/anyone else that promotes it.

No comments: