"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

July 11, 2007

Tucker the Fool

While sick in bed last night I was channel surfing and came back to MSNBC after Keith Olbermann was over. Dan Abrams had a spot on David Vitter's latest escapades.

I have to admit, it was embarrassing to see Tucker Carlson defend Senator David Vitter (R-LA) on Abrams show. Carlson had the nerve to say (paraphrase), "When men live apart from their wives in Washington, they tend to commit adultery...That's just the way men are".
Excuse me? "Just the way men are"? Maybe in your circle of conservative friends Tucker.

Then, Carlson mention's the only reason Vitter was getting picked on is, "Because, it's about sex and he's a conservative." No Tucker, it's because Vitter ran a campaign on "the sanctity of marriage" and he's a hypocrite.
Watch the segment, Abrams proves his point and makes poor Tucker look like a fool.

And just a little update: "Sen. David Vitter visited a Canal Street brothel several times beginning in the mid-1990s, paying $300 per hour for services at the bordello. Attempting to defend Vitter against the solicitation of prostitution charges, the so-called Canal Street Madam whose operation was shut down by a federal investigators in 2001 said, I want his wife to know he’s a good man."

I'm glad Carlson has a Canal Street Madam to agree with him. That's two pillars of the community on Vitter's side.

To think, Tucker had this argument with his boss (Abrams) on live TV. Now maybe his boss will fire his ass, just for being stupid. No wonder Carlson's ratings are among the lowest for news shows during that block.

I still can't believe Vitter's story is getting buried by the MSM. Wait...yes I can.

Of course watching that segment didn't make me feel any better. It reminds me of when I have an argument with my wingnut sister, she, like Tucker, doesn't see the blatant misdeed.

Unfortunately I'm still sick; that's why my posting has been light.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was watching this but then had to turn it off after Sucker Carlson qualified Vitter's assertions about moral behaviour, the sanctity of Marriage and all that was based on no sex until marriage and then complete monogomy. Sucker had the balls, or lack of, to say that "Vitter was talking about children, not people like you (Abrams) or me....
Hilarious and sickening. I went to bed laughing and with an upset stomach.