"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

May 25, 2007

"....if I'm in the market purely to be bamboozled by a hypothetical future used-car salesman turned politician, let me say with a little over-the-top, politically incorrect, crude blogger framing, and with my apologies to those who might not take this in the spirit of dark humor in which it is offered:

I can put in time and money on campaigns, write posts, defend people I don't even know, stand in line at a polling station, all without ever seeing the politician[s], and then find out I was conned. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get nice form letter thanking me (And lying to me) -- and asking for more money.

Or, for a lot less time, money, and effort I can sit in any of several local strip joints, enjoy a steak, and have a gorgeous, naked woman tell me with more apparent sincerity than any politician has ever mastered that I'm the most exciting, charming, engaging man she's ever met.

Which lying whore would you choose?

DarkSyde

Okay, but what if you're a gay vegetarian?

No comments: