"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

May 11, 2006

Regulars to Left is Right may have noticed a severe drop in posting over the past few weeks. Spare time has become a rare commodity due to numerous events happening in my life and I hope that time will become more generous in a few weeks so that I can return to my passion of boring all of you with my personal ultra-left-wing, hippie-commie, tree-hugging, gay rights-supporting, Bush-bashing drivel.

Nothing else has changed. I still like the Lakers even though they crashed and burned in the playoffs. And my 2002 Prius now has over 70K miles and is saving me tons of $'s due to my long daily commute ($28/week just driving to work).

I still think Dianne Feinstein could take lessons from Barbara Boxer in caring about Californians' problems with our theocratic federal government.

I think Hillary Clinton finally blew it big time by becoming a new best friend of ultra-conservative Murdock.

I think Phil Angelides, Anthony Villaraigosa and Gavin Newsom together will make California the greatest "nation" in history.

I think everyone should read "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" and become familiar with the corporate elite that actually runs the entire world. (You can click the Amazon link to it near the bottom of the left sidebar.)

I think people should stop being excessively selfish about their personal satisfaction and start caring about those whom they never see (or those whom they step over) who struggle every day to make ends meet.

I think true heroes are NOT people who are paid to do their job, no matter how dangerous or hard, but are those who risk their careers, personal safety and even their lives by helping others in dire straits and/or by exposing corruption, dishonesty and state-supported violence/murder and false imprisonment/torture.

I think anyone who thinks the Republican Party has done a single good deed for anyone in need these past 6 years needs to have their head thoroughly examined, if not their soul.

I think the internet is history's greatest invention.

No comments: