"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

February 08, 2006

Bindairdundat has some great poetry at his brand new blog. For example:

THE WHITE HOUSE
(After “The Tyger” by William Blake)

“White House, White House, burning bright
in the scandals of the night,
what secret hand or snooping eye
has put me in this misery?

“Where’s Tom the Hammer, Karl my Brain?
Will Dick and Rummy still remain?
Is it safe for Hastert or for Frist
now they’re ’on the “suspected’ list?

“Who bugged the White House Iraq Group?
What loudmouth gave the Feds the poop?
Did Scooter Libby spill the beans?
Someone from State? Some maimed marines?

“When the facts were in Fitzgerald’s grasp,
and he held indictments in his clasp?
Did he then smile his work to see?
Will he who’s after Rove hunt me?

“What fall guy’s left for me to blame?
What usual suspects can I name?
The CIA? The Liberal Bench?
Katrina? Terrorists? The French?

“White House, White House, burning bright
amidst cries of ‘“Indict, Indict!”
What secret hand or snooping eye
has put me in this misery?”

No comments: