"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

November 23, 2005

A Forest of Fascism

This week's revelation that Bush wanted to bomb Al Jazeera in 2004 is only the very latest disclosure in a seemingly endless number of reports about all the illegal, if not grossly immoral, actions and plans that have spewed from the White House since January 20th, 2001.

The wake-up call for me (besides the obviously stolen election of 2000) was the day Bush announced in 2001 that the U.S. would not consider honoring the Kyoto Protocol. That is when my deep suspicions of this Administration began. Between the inauguration and that date, there were the now-documented decisions to start preparations for invading Iraq, but that information wasn't revealed in the media until much later. I was lukewarm at best about the Afghanistan invasion until it became obvious after a couple of weeks that there was no real intention of capturing Bin Laden.

Since that time I have regretfully opposed virtually every act and decision made by the Bush Administration... "regretfully" because I despise distrusting my own government. But as a compassionate and observant human being, I know in my heart that not a single action by Bush's government since 1-20-01 has been taken in the interests of us citizens. Every act, every decision, every speech, every dollar spent, has been solely for the financial advancement of Bush and all the corporate sponsors and cronies he placed in all levels of government.

This has been clear as a bell to me for over four years now, and yet many leading Democrats in Congress, and a significant portion of the non-Right still cannot see this forest of fascism through the trees.

My sources of information are not secret. Anyone with a radio and a computer connected to the internet has access to the same information as I. Sure, Pacifica Radio occasionally veers off on a conspiracy tangent, but the majority of the news they report is factually based. NPR, although Right-leaning, is a decent source of information if you take the time and effort to study its sources. The vast majority of my information comes from the opinions and references available on the internet. I've spent a lot of time determining the validity, accuracy and reliability of my sources, and anyone with an open mind and a critical eye can do the same.

Besides the endless killing and degradation of humans brought forth by Bush et al., every day I cringe mentally and notice that pit in my stomach when I listen to anyone who speaks from the White House, because I know that everything spoken is either a lie or propaganda. Everything. EVERYTHING. Bush and his godless, fearless, thankless and compassionless cohorts have yet to prove me wrong, and for me that is the most gut-wrenching fact of all.

Sometimes I wish I was just dumb, oblivious and, hence, content and happy.

Left is Right will now take a holiday break. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

No comments: