"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

May 03, 2005

Welcome


Dear Hubert Humphrey Democratic Club members:

I see that our esteemed Club President, Alon Barlevy, has mentioned this blog in the May 2005 Newsletter. Thank you for taking the time to visit, and I hope that you find something worthwhile. I encourage you to visit once in a while and to leave comments on any post that interests you. If you disagree with something, feel free to voice your opinion, since I can be rather extreme in my views. Also, I encourage you to check out the "Pages of Links" in the left column, especially the "Daily Readings". Also try the links at the very top for timely news and political entertainment. These are where I get much of my information, rather than wasting my time watching TV news.

I also would like to post opinions, short essays, suggestions, etc., from club members on this site, so please feel free to email me anything you want, that you think might contribute to the discourse here, and I'll publish it as a separate post (you can "sign" it or use a pen name). Something like a shorter version of the essays Alon and others write for the Cerritos Community News' "Column Left" would be ideal. References (e.g. sourced web site URLs, newspaper articles, etc.) would add credence to your work and would get others to leave comments about your subject. I've wanted to have guest bloggers for a while, now, and having HHDC members do so would make perfect sense.

If enough HHDC members are interested (maybe around a half-dozen or more?), then I would be happy to set up and moderate a new blog site for all of us to use, devoted exclusively to the notes, quotes, essays and opinions of HHDC members. So do let me know if you'd be interested, and if you have a suggestion for a blog title. Multi-user blog sites are often quite fun, stimulating and helpful, and especially educational. We only have club meetings once a month, but it would be great if we could continue discussing issues amongst ourselves via this medium, and maybe propose subjects for future meetings too.

So, welcome to LEFT is RIGHT, I hope you visit often and I'll see you at the next club meeting May 16th at Coco's!

No comments: