"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

March 01, 2005

A terrible waste, a terrible evil has befallen on us all


Most, if not all, of THESE PEOPLE would be alive today if Bush-war hadn't ignored the dozens of warnings about 9/11 and then used the tragedy to coerce Americans into the ghastly illegal and immoral invasion and occupation of Iraq.

THE MOTHER'S WAR

I ride the dusty road to Tikrit
in your rusack, in my mind
you are louder than
the rumble of trucks and
the cadence of
boots marching
and men's voices calling
over the clatter of guns
I smell your sweat
trace the path of blood
through your veins
feel the fetal curve of you
your heart is in my eyes
every hour I wait for them to kill you
and wonder if I'll know
when you cease to be


copyright May 7, 2004 - Barbara Hatch Vink

No comments: