"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

February 11, 2005

Thanks for nothing, Terry


I received the following message from the DNC today:

Dear Michael,

I couldn't let the final days of my four years as Chairman of the Democratic Party go by without offering you one last message of thanks. I have been deeply moved by all the kind words I have heard in recent days about what we have achieved in strengthening our Party.

And I am always aware that the praise for the remarkable progress our Party has made is really aimed at people like you - those who have stood by the Democratic Party through thick and thin.

On Saturday when I turn the role of Party Chairman over to Howard Dean - and every day for the rest of my life - I will proudly count myself among the rank and file Democrats who are the heart of our Party.

Thanks so much for your passion, energy, commitment and support.

Sincerely,

Terry McAuliffe
Chairman

"strengthening our Party"? "remarkable progress"? Exactly to which Party is he referring? The Democratic Party that I know lost a couldn't-lose-if-you-tried election, is run by corporate beltway, wealthy, right-of-center neoliberals who lost all testicular function in 1992. Most of the leading Senators and Congressmen are scared stiff of the Republicans and vote whichever way Bush-war tells them, all while supporting a ghastly illegal war (you'll see that's true when they all once again vote "yes" for the upcoming $80B Iraq War appropriations bill).

So, no, Mr. McAuliffe, I think you have the wrong party. If not, then why haven't you apologized for the Party's utter failures during your 4-year watch?

No comments: