"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

February 25, 2005

"It is obvious that the Blog People read what they want to read rather than what is in front of them and judge me to be wrong on the basis of what they think rather than what I actually wrote. Given the quality of the writing in the blogs I have seen, I doubt that many of the Blog People are in the habit of sustained reading of complex texts. It is entirely possible that their intellectual needs are met by an accumulation of random facts and paragraphs. In that case, their rejection of my view is quite understandable." - - - Michael Gorman, president-elect of the American Library Association

Hey, Mr. ass-wipe president-elect, at least we bloggers read, collect facts, think and then give our opinion. You should try it sometime.

Oh, and the last complex text I read cover-to-cover was my upper-division Organic Chemistry, and it wasn't for fun. Although I've read books cover-to-cover on computer programming, psychiatry, politics, physiology, medicine, and so forth, I've never come across a book that supports, in any way, what you claim.

Maybe you should start reading blogs that are not just Right-wing. After all, it's most of those Righties that can't properly process accumulated facts and form reasonable, intellectual opinions.

No comments: