"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

November 30, 2004

Blogger Continues Decline in Quality


I am so fed up with BLOGGER. What used to take a few seconds, editing or posting a post, now takes many minutes or longer (sometimes it times out). I pay a yearly subscription for BLOGSPOT, based on their promise that paid subscribers would receive faster service, yet each month service gets slower and slower. I thought that when Google bought BLOGGER that the former would use their resources to replace the BLOGGER servers with faster ones, but that doesn't seem like it happened. I've contacted BLOGGER Service but they're no help.

Before I started typing this post (in Notepad) I had clicked "Edit Posts", waiting for my list of posts to appear; I'm checking now... nothing yet. I'm on a T3 line, so the problem is not at my end. I have DSL at home and there is no difference in BLOGGER's editing performance. Occasionally I get a glimpse at what BLOGGER can do when I'll click a function and presto, the page appears. But this is becoming the very rare exception these days, and only confirms that it is not my index page that's too cumbersome to load for editing. (Checking again... still loading "Edit Posts".)

Since I've been on BLOGGER over two years and a gazillion other sites have bookmarked this one, I would hate to set up somewhere better and mess up all the links to my site that others have planted. Does anyone know how to do a "page redirect" that I could place here and instantly send the surfer to a new location?

No comments: