"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

September 16, 2004

Let's Ice the Sport

Frankly, I could care less if the NHL goes on strike and the season is lost. I don't mean to offend ice hockey fans, but throughout my life every time I sat down to watch a game and try to learn it, there would eventually be players hitting and fighting and rough play that had nothing to do with the actual game. Ice hockey is a primitive, uncivilized game, much like boxing, that is attractive only to our basic, violent nature which is genetically inbred in each of us. Violence is no longer acceptable in our culture, thus all the thousands of laws created to repress it. Why on earth it is acceptable in an ice rink is beyond me.

Football is rapidly becoming excessively violent in my lifetime and I no longer enjoy watching it (like I once did) because of that; however at its current point of evolution I don't think it's time yet to outlaw the sport. Baseball is great for insomniacs, so go yankees! About the only sport I now enjoy watching for the competition and excitement is basketball. There's less violence in an NBA game than during recess on the school playground.

No comments: