"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

August 10, 2004

When Is Stealing OK?

Is it just as possible that Democrats may try to steal the election? One right-wing commentator, James P. Pinkerton, gives his warped conclusion as to why this is possible. If the Democrats do, at least the Republicans can't complain, having just stolen the last one. The Democratic leadership would have to answer to only their own constituents. What would be our response? Would we feel justified? Embarrassed? Outraged? Would this be the last straw for the Progressives to finally take the reins of the party? Jump to the Greens? Personally, I would consider doing whatever necessary to at least guarantee my own survival, but up to what point? I can't say at this moment, and I hope I never have to make that decision.

No comments: