"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

February 26, 2004

Same-Sex Marriage FAQ


Continuing the same-sex-marriage theme running on Left is Right recently, HERE is a very informative site run by the NLCR that answers many questions for same-sex people seeking marriage in San Francisco. The information is also very interesting for those of us just trying to learn more about this fascinating and politically divisive issue. Check it out. Some of the questions that are answered include:

-If my partner and I marry in San Francisco, will our marriage be valid?
-Can a same-sex couple from another city marry in San Francisco?
-Are there any other countries that permit same-sex couples to marry?
-Can we get married in California if we have already gotten married in Canada?
-If my partner and I marry in San Francisco and later wish to separate, how do we obtain a legal divorce? (The answer to this one is particularly interesting.)
-If my employer refuses to honor my marriage, do I have any legal recourse?
-If my partner and I marry, will it affect my eligibility for continuing alimony from a prior marriage?

No comments: