"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

February 27, 2004

People(bad)Soft


U.S. Sues to Stop Oracle Takeover of PeopleSoft
Fri Feb 27, 6:44 AM ET Add Technology - washingtonpost.com to My Yahoo!
By David A. Vise, Washington Post Staff Writer

The Justice Department yesterday sued to block Oracle Corp.'s $9.4 billion hostile takeover bid for PeopleSoft Inc., alleging that such a deal would hurt competition in the market for software purchased by big companies to automate human resources and financial management.

I gotta tell you, as a frustrated user of PeopleSoft software on my job, I can't for the life of me figure out why Oracle continues to pursue the acquisition of a company that produces such god-awful software. I also use Oracle software and the difference between the two companies' software quality is like day and night, or Whopper and Beef Wellington, or Prius and Hummer. Well, you get the idea. If you own Oracle stock and their purchase of PeopleSoft becomes imminent, SELL!

No comments: