"No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine." - - - William Blum

February 24, 2004

Huh?

"I have consistently stated that I'll support (a) law to protect marriage between a man and a woman. And, obviously, these events are influencing my decision." --- President G. Bush

Tell, me, exactly how is gay marriage a threat to marriage between a man and a woman, such that the latter needs protection via an ammendment to the U.S. Constitution? If Bruce and Bill, our next door neighbors, decide to tie the knot, how does that in any way whatsoever affect my marriage to my wife? Where's the threat? Do they gain special dangerous powers through gay marriage that I and my wife do not have the priviledge of getting? If my children see them outside holding hands and such, will the sight damage their brains, just like Janet Jackson's breast so mortally "injured" my 12-year-old so much that he couldn't stop laughing at the holier-than-thou outrage initiated by the religious Right?

Between WMD, Valerie Plame, TANG, the flight suit fiasco and this, I'm beginning to think that Bush will need something like $1 billion for his campaign if he's going to have a chance of winning his first Presidential election. Come on, Edwards, Kucinich and Kerry, jump on this one!

No comments: